Senior Product Designer, Enterprise Systems
We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer with a strong portfolio focus on information architecture skills to join a team dedicated to business partners, suppliers, and operations: the backbone of Wayfair’s customer experience. Your demonstrated skillset must include the analysis of user needs, business process analysis, information design and layout, workflows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should have experience working directly with Stakeholders, Product Managers, and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver highly-transactional user experiences.
As a Wayfair UX Designer focused on internal/supplier systems, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals who are hard at work transforming the online ecosystem and toolset behind Wayfair.com’s success. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a self-directed, analytical, and creative individual with a passion for transforming complexity, logistics, process, and volumes of information into highly intuitive online solutions.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of ecommerce, and your work will have deep and meaningful impact.
Information Architect Responsibilities
- Produce detailed IA deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision, and/or other prototyping tools, ensuring all details are distinct and user-friendly. All documents must clearly define the scope of the relevant project. These deliverables include: site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, taxonomies, data architecture considerations, etc.
UX Design Responsibilities
- Lead UX approach and provide guidance for overarching toolsets, as well as individual projects and initiatives
- Make interaction recommendations based on existing Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices
- Work closely with front-end developers and software engineers to ensure user-facing experiences meet our interaction design standards
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
- Produce fully annotated wireframes and functional specifications
User Research Responsibilities
- Create research and testing strategies
- Generate design prototypes to utilize during research
- Competitive analysis: Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Prioritize, plan, and conduct research using the following techniques: competitive analysis, user interviews, usability testing, contextual inquiry, surveys, focus groups, card sorting
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and QA
- Support and influence product planning and prioritization
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, engineering, and agile development environments with the ability to turn complex use cases into innovative and intuitive experiences
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product, and ensure that the implementation meets design standards
- Play a leadership role in resolving unclear direction or unknown variables
- Engage in strategy discussions. Weigh tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer needs.
- Oversee, plan, and scope UX team projects (rather than executing each project)
- Develop and own a design process that enables efficiency/speed and ensures a positive and ever-improving user experience and team culture
- 5+ years of UX design experience, a portion of which should be in interactive software applications or tools
- 3+ years of Information Architecture experience
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
- Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and a willingness to evolve based on new information.
- Exceptional knowledge of Sketch and rapid prototyping
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that have unclear direction or unknown variables
- Experience creating or using modular design systems and pattern libraries
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows, wireframes, comps, or designs for complex software tools or applications, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: OPINN