Our team is fast moving and 100% focused on developing a high throughput, while maintaining high standards of quality, to position Wayfair as the place to shop for home décor. The Associate Stylist would also be responsible for coaching junior stylists on technique and best practices.
Ideal candidates will have experience styling high-quality home decor and/or lifestyle videos/photography in an e-commerce or editorial setting, and have a proven ability to manage complex workflows. You must be comfortable working within existing processes and style-guide conventions and be willing to work collaboratively with the art direction, while also being able problem solve on your feet. The ability to balance artistic and commerce needs and achieve brand-consistent video is essential. Successful candidates must also be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects at once, without sacrificing quality.
***To be considered, candidates will need to submit a portfolio of related work. Online portfolios are highly preferred. However, you can also upload PDFs of your work in the cover-letter section of the application.
Experience and Attributes:
• Proven exceptional talent for understanding home decor, creating new style directions, working within art direction guidelines, and the ability to make those ideas a reality on-set
• A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail • Deep and demonstrable experience with on-set standards, practices, and demands
• Knowledge of styling techniques across the industry and in various merchandise categories
• An instinctual devotion to trends and emerging brands, with an insider's perspective on the design market.
• Ability to work well with a variety of people (Senior stylist, content writers, production)
• Seasoned familiarity with the intensity of a high-production studio, yet ability to uphold the highest quality standards within a pressured environment
• Interior Design and/or retail experience is a plus
• Experience working well with creative and production departments
• 3-5 years styling experience in commercial video and or photography
• Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques
• Able to lift and move packages and items of 25-70 lbs. on a daily basis
• Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time depending on shoot needs
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CUE