Carrier Performance Manager
The Middle Mile team is looking for a proven leader to drive operational excellence and strong processes in our shipping network. This person will play a key role in a major company initiative to roll out a best in class transportation network through more intelligent network routing and efficient pooling of freight. As an integral member of this team, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of a unique and proprietary furniture network.
We are looking for the right individual, who is team oriented, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a background in either transportation and Carrier Management or experience costing and managing a transportation network to drive down costs and improve performance. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to lead one of our core operational functions.
Who we are: The Middle Mile manages all of Wayfair’s logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing Wayfair’s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere. We also provide leadership by example in hiring, retention and safety.
What you will do:
- Enforce and drive metrics to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. This will be done through the use of systematic and manually developed solutions. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including Supplier Operations and our Wayfair facilities to provide transportation performance. Identify and communicate risk and develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Contribute strategic insights on networks design and improvements. Assist in driving enhancements to the network and processes.
- Expand the Wayfair transportation network by leading and project managing initiatives that will increase our reach and capacity to handle additional freight.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive overall network performance.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in logistics, carrier management or transportation operations.
- Ability to manage and drive and prioritize projects, while leading cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills. Proven ability to work successfully with and across teams. Able to building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strong leadership ability. A hands-on analyst and team player that can inspire/mentor staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.Tag: SCL-L