Strategic Account Manager, CastleGate
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate is Wayfair’s third party logistics service that provides pick pack and ship services for our suppliers, as well as forward positions inventory in our distribution network. This allows for fast delivery to customers shopping on the Wayfair website.
About the Role:
The account manager will be overseeing Wayfair’s 1-day and 2-day delivery strategy for a specific category (ex. Home Textiles, Cookware & Cutlery, etc.). Account Managers, with a track record of successfully running a category, obtain experience and build skills necessary to eventually be a senior leader within Wayfair. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, they must also possess strong senior presence.
The candidate must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. This is a great opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair.
The successful candidate is:
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a high comfort in consultative account management
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly
- Successful in negotiation and project management
- Able to balance analytical thinking with effective, persuasive communication
- Able to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Able to solve problems in a creative and effective manner
- Able to take ownership and drive results
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Meet and drive strategic growth goals while developing an expertise in CastleGate’s service offerings
- Grow existing relationships through continuous analysis of performance and identifying new opportunities for expansion
- Analyze data to identify potential customers and meet financial goals of the business
- Establish, develop, and maintain new business by engaging and enrolling prospects into the CastleGate program via phone and in-person meetings
- Promote, sell, secure and maintain new and existing customers using a consultative approach
- Develop clear and effective business proposals for current and prospective customers through understanding their needs and business objectives
- Provide outstanding service to fulfillment customers and act as the point of contact for all operational issues
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues
- Attend tradeshows to visit key customers and source new business
- Bachelor Degree, MBA or equivalent experience
- Senior presence with articulate and persuasive communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and high comfort level with Excel, SQL a plus
- Comfortable in technology-driven business environment
- Supply Chain/Logistics experience a plus
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for full year 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
And for more information, check out this video showcasing the inner workings of our CastleGate Fulfillment network!