Data Technology Operations Manager
Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home and its Data Technologies team is looking for a smart, passionate, and innovative leader who is excited to help us scale and support our robust cross-datacenter MSSQL database infrastructure. You will be a player-coach that has impressive technical depth and breadth that will partner with Wayfair stakeholders to help design and build technology solutions that will propel the platform and the business forward. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that will directly influence our technology stack.
About the role:
- Responsible for the team’s day to day operations, goals and priorities
- Recruiting and developing high performance technical resources
- Leading global database administration team supporting large scale E-commerce systems
- Managing, measuring and reporting the overall execution, performance, and availability of SQL Server environments
- Continuously identify areas for improvement around deployment, capacity planning, monitoring, self-healing and automation
- 7+ years hands on experience as a SQL Server DBA with 2+ years of management/lead experience
- Proven leadership skills: mentoring, coaching, and career development of technical and leadership track resources
- Passion for engaging with complex geo-distributed systems, people, and processes
- Continually identifying and evaluating opportunities for process improvements, applying data driven decisions, driving innovation and measuring service delivery performance.
- Highly experienced with rapid paced, highly dynamic, agile development environment.
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, data driven innovative approaches to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.