Head of Customer Experience Strategy & Innovation
GM, Customer Experience Strategy & Innovation
We are seeking an entrepreneurial GM to lead ongoing strategic transformation and innovation across our award-winning customer service operation. Through customer-centric research, rigorous insight generation and technology exploration, this candidate will set priorities for our customer experience roadmap and have the team to execute on that vision.
This GM will develop audacious goals for a nuanced and differentiated customer experience on post-order issues and continually optimize the experience by fostering a rapid test-and-learn environment.
- Bring a passion for technology-enabling services businesses to deliver amazing customer experiences and foster cross-functional collaboration to execute on key priorities
- Lead, inspire and grow a 100+ person multi-functional team including analytics, program management, training, quality assurance, forecasting and resource planning
- Design and prioritize the technology roadmap with our product and engineering teams to deliver solutions that solve for both the agent and customer experience
- Optimize a dual-path service strategy: (1) investing in proactive and differentiated concierge experiences that drive high customer NPS and (2) automating, streamlining and transforming processes to eliminate unnecessary customer effort, costs and improve scalability
- Develop new support systems for diverse lines of business (i.e. large appliances, installation services, registry, etc.) and drive strategic pivots to stay ahead of shifts in business, technology and customer preferences
- Design service solutions grounded in data but be comfortable making assumptions and running with major gaps in data in the interest of moving fast
- Build scalable mechanisms using machine-learning-based technologies to address operational complexity and enable customer self-service tools such as chatbots, help content and predictive solutions
We are seeking a leader with the entrepreneurial experience, business acumen and innovation track record to create a nimble, responsive and highly differentiated customer service experience. The ideal candidate will come from an extremely selective background, including top universities with very strong academic performance, top-tier MBA, top-tier management consulting firm and/or experience leading customer experience transformation at a consumer-oriented company.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience leading teams in technology-driven and high-change environments
- Process-oriented, deeply quantitative and analytical
- Experience with applying Design Thinking in the Services space preferred
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Deep understanding of ecommerce, online retail and/or complex supply chain flows is a plus Other Skills & Competencies:
- Evidence of “startup execution” skills and ability to rapidly build and scale high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment (think environment with 10X growth in 2-3 years)
- Knowledge of how to ‘get it done’ no matter what when time is tight and stakes are high
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and rapid change to establish focus and deliver against business goals
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.