Senior Manager, Strategic Accounts - CastleGate Europe
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
On our CastleGate Team you will have the ability to:
- Own and drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the success of Wayfair.
- Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Partner with a team of smart, motivated and engaged individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager will lead the US account management team of the European CastleGate unit. They must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. Will be maintaining and developing relationships with suppliers, while managing a team of Account Managers. This is a great opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair.
The successful candidate is:
- Someone with a strong senior presence, able to speak to executives, both internally and externally
- Able to manage a team of energetic and driven account managers
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly
- Successful in negotiation and project management
- Able to balance analytical thinking with effective, persuasive communication
- Able to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Able to solve problems in a creative and effective manner
- Able to take ownership and drive results
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Develop and implement account strategy to achieve revenue, operations, and profitability goals
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers
- Advance fulfillment customer expansion, including the identification of new products to add, identifying new opportunities for expansion, and the development of relationships with new, target suppliers
- Grow existing relationships through continuous analysis of performance and identifying new opportunities for expansion
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues (e.g. European category management)
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers and source new product to build new supplier relationships (4-8 times per year in cities such as New York, Chicago, Dallas, and Las Vegas)
- Bachelor Degree, MBA or equivalent experience
- Successful business development, relationship management sales experience with strong analytical acumen
- Prior experience managing & leading a team
- Senior presence with articulate and persuasive communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Solid project management and organizational skills
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for full year 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.