Software Engineer - Wayfair Mobile Labs
Wayfair is on a mission to build phenomenal development teams that produce award-winning apps! Do you have an interest in the latest technologies around iOS and Android development? Are you interested in working with augmented reality and GraphQL? We’re looking for people who love sharing ideas, collaborating with peers, and shipping great experiences to our customers. The people of our app development teams are enthusiastic problem solvers at several levels of experience. We have ambitious growth plans that include a serious focus on nurturing and mentoring promising new talent.
Research shows that diverse teams are stronger teams. That’s why Wayfair is looking for candidates who are passionate about programming and have strong core fundamentals - regardless of whether they followed a traditional path to software development. Self-taught? Bootcamp grad? CS degree holder? If you feel confident in your knowledge of object oriented design, data structures and algorithms, plus your ability to grow your skills over time, please apply! We want to connect with people who are eager to join our fast growing, highly collaborative team.
About Wayfair Labs:
Wayfair Mobile Labs helps kick-start the careers of software developers joining our native development teams. It is a three month long program where you’ll get hands-on experience tackling interesting problems while building and showcasing your skills through projects of your own design. From learning new technologies to practicing real world software architecture, you’ll get a chance to practice programming concepts and hone your skills and knowledge as you work toward mastery. The Labs program allows us to hire people with a broad range of backgrounds, and place them onto a development team where they’ll make the biggest impact.
Wayfair Labs will help you expand your skills while preparing you to join our iOS or Android teams.
Coming into Labs an ideal candidate is:
- Passionate and has a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms, is currently enrolled in software development bootcamp, or is currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or has completed a few independent projects on their own. Recent graduates are also welcome!
- Able to use their knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented languages to complete two four-week long projects while in Labs before being placed on an Android or iOS sprint team.
- Previous experiences that required critical thinking, analytical approaches, and creativity to complete assigned tasks.
- Exceptional at communicating and has experience working on a team to be successful in daily stand-ups, using feedback you receive to improve your work, and team collaboration.
- Enthusiastic about complex problem solving and developing creative solutions for stakeholders as part of your day-to-day.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: