Wayfair’s Finance group is looking for an Accounting Lead to join our team! This is a brand new position and is a net add due to tremendous growth of our company. This is an extremely high-visibility role with one of the fastest-growing companies in Boston. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance and is a great step for someone out of public accounting looking to grow their career.
The financial reporting team is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensures they are in compliance with US GAAP. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually. If you’re a skilled accountant looking for an exciting new role with a fast career trajectory, please apply! We’d love to chat with you.
• Key player in the month-end close process
• Ensure accuracy and completion of accruals and month-end estimates
• Provide guidance to the business by analyzing monthly balance sheet and income statement account variances
• Preparing monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior management
• Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested
• Prepare and review the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
• Review, recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
• Research emerging accounting and reporting issues to ensure company is in compliance with US GAAP
• Work with the Director of Accounting and Senior Accounting Manager to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvements
• Assist with the ongoing implementation of Sarbanes Oxley. Promote and maintain an effective internal control environment
• Mentor and train an entry level member of the financial reporting team
• Assist with the ongoing implementation of Sarbanes Oxley. Promote and maintain an effective internal control environment (was listed under qualifications)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 4-6 years’ experience, including 2-3 years public accounting experience
• CPA certification preferred
• Organized and self-motivated
• Able to succeed in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Team player
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including experience in translating financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance managers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
• Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.