Head of Demand Management Strategy
Director – Pricing & Profitability – Demand Management Strategies
Wayfair is in the midst of a rapid buildout of physical assets which will soon total 100 facilities across the United States, Canada, and Europe. The strategic buildout enables unique supply chain efficiency and Customer delivery experiences. To execute the strategic vision Wayfair needs to parlay its unique data advantages into demand forecasts and inventory management systems that ensure efficient and continuously improving deployment of capital for both Wayfair and its 5000+ suppliers.
As the single threaded owner overseeing the initiative, the head of Demand Management Strategies will serve as the Global Head of Strategy and Chief Architect of the demand forecasting and inventory management systems. Operating as hire #1 on this new initiative they will be tasked with codifying and organizing ongoing activities across data science, engineering, strategy, and operational teams into a cohesive go-forward plan. They will design systems and drive strategy changes in partnership with business leaders across the organization to improve demand forecasts, reduce demand volatility, proactively manage inventory levels, and provide data analytics proving the efficacy of Wayfair’s system.
- Serve as the executive champion of the initiative including definition of problem statement and ownership over progress.
- Serve as the “chief architect” of the system.
- Partner with senior leaders across the company to drive strategic changes to current state of promotions, pricing, assortment, and replenishment programs and systems.
- Create and champion the correct KPI set.
- Work with dedicated data science resources to tailor models to various use cases and unlock required data artifacts.
- Work with BI teams to build data structures that will enable execution.
- Develop roadmaps and provide updates and strategy vision to the most senior audiences of Wayfair.
- Partner with product teams to incorporate strategy into supplier facing tools and processes.
- Manage KPI set with a “General Manager” mentality displaying ability to execute quickly and strategically while simultaneously building long term solutions.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Executive Senior Presence with ability to thought partner with leadership at all levels of the organization including the CEO and COO.
- Ability to define problems and contextualize work for large organizations.
- Natural fluency with big data sets.
- Comfortable engaging both data scientists and operational business leaders.
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Statistics or other concentrations with quantitative focus
- 8+ years relevant experience, potentially in management consulting or at consumer facing technology firms.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ANLT-PP