Sr. Consulting Engineer, Python Platform
Help us make Python development at Wayfair a fun and productive experience. The Python Platform Engineering Team pairs with internal Python teams to help them achieve their engineering goals.
Members of this team influence the direction of Python at Wayfair through two concurrent paths:
- First, you will be working side-by-side with dev teams. You will provide short-term tactical support to strategic projects and in doing so, raise the capabilities of our Python developers one team at a time.
- Second, you will dedicate some time to improving the Python platform across all of Wayfair. This independent, self-directed work can be tailored to your unique interests.
- Works on engineering projects throughout different problem spaces within Wayfair. After 3-4 months on one project, we move to another, bringing fresh challenges.
- Shares Python experience and best practices with Python teams
- Designs scalable systems using Flask, Kafka, Hadoop, Mssql, etc
- Helps and supports members of the Python community
- Like working with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
- Have a serious love for Python, and are passionate about learning more
- Have a strong track record of delivering high-value engineering projects
- Believe that code worth writing deserves tests
- Have strong opinions, which are weakly held
- Deep experience building web apps with Flask or Django
- Strong knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience working with Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, or Theano
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, et al.
- Have worked with Kafka, Hadoop, Airflow, or Pyspark
About the Python Platform Team
We're a high-leverage team of experienced Python engineers that embraces startup culture as we serve hundreds of Python users within Wayfair, whom we consider our customers. We highly value autonomy and trust and we are vocal internal advocates for testing, pragmatism, community, and the immense benefits of a low-friction environment.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 peopleTag: ENGR