Software Engineer- Android Platform
Who we are?
The Customer Help – Native Platforms team empowers customers by providing them world-class solutions to service their needs once an order is placed. Our mission is to provide all the necessary tools to our customers so that they can resolve their order related needs without having to contact Customer Service. We serve a global customer base and build solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. We are a data-driven team that believes in basing our decisions by looking at data and customer feedback. We believe in experimentation through A/B tests or user testing and love to take risks.
Why this team?
We are an new innovative, energetic technology team recently started to focus on solutions directly to helping the customer after a purchase is made. The Customer Help team sits at a perfect intersection of our Storefront Engineering and Operational Engineering organizations. We focus on both iOS and Android applications and provide a sleek and seamless customer experience to complex logistical problems (For example – Returns). Some of the cool projects this team has worked on recently –
- Live tracking on the day of delivery – On the day of delivery, we provide customers with a way to track the real-time location of delivery trucks on a map interface.
- PreCheck Customer Support - Smart flow for customer support to gather useful information about the user and the current issue before contacting customer service. This allows the agents to service the customer quickly and also simplifies the experience for customer.
- Tracking through a Google Home interface – This provides the ability to customers to talk to their Google Home device and ask questions like – “When is my couch arriving” or “When was my rug delivered?”.
What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Design and develop enhanced self-service features on Android/Tablet for viewing order information, setting up returns, cancellations, and other high impact post order actions.
- Work on problems of scale - we have a global audience, you will help build apps that are highly performant, reliable and fault tolerant for users across US, Canada, and Europe.
- Write high-quality Java and/or Kotlin code
- Help shape the roadmap for Android development for self-service features.
- Contribute ideas to improve our team processes and best practices based on your experience
You have -
- A passion for building cool technology
- A great team spirit and desire to provide the best customer experience.
- 1-4 years of professional experience as an Android Engineer.
- Experience with Objective C, Swift, and/or Cocoa.
- Experience writing apps that consume RESTful services.
- Great communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and a web language like PHP, Python, Java, or C#.
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design MVC, and web architecture.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.